The Annual Rotary Potjiekos Fun Day was organised and hosted by the Rotary Club of Durban Umgeni for many years.
This year (2017) we are reviving the event due to the Umgeni Club closing. This event is a great way for Rotarians and non-Rotarians alike to get together with family and friends. As the event takes place close to Heritage Day, we encourage cooks and guests alike to dress up accordingly and decorate their tables within the Proudly African theme.
We have invited 3 very well known culinary experts to be our judges this year namely Ingrid Shevlin, Frank Chemaly and Jesse Felthuis.
So, what are the details?
Place: Beachwood Mangroves, Durban North
Time: 9am until yawn
Cost: R50.00 per person
(Kids under 10, cooks & their spouses are free)
R.S.V.P: By 3 September to email@example.com
- This is a Family Fun Day so all family, friends, children, grandchildren etc. are welcome. There will be a jumping castle for the children and 2 guided walks through the Mangroves.
- Spot prizes will be up for grabs and raffle tickets will be on sale so bring some extra bucks.
- Bring your own chairs, tables, plates, eating utensils, drinks etc.
- Prep & cooking will start at 9.30 am and judging will be from 12.30pm onwards.
- Teams consist of 2 cooks. The cooks and their spouses do not pay.
- The potjies will be shared with all those attending. All pots must be size 3 or above.
- For all the details, entry forms & rules, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 083 743 5335
All the rules are available here: Potjie Competition Rules
Entry Forms for cooks: Potjie Entry Form
If you wish to attend this fun day, please R.S.V.P to email@example.com
For upfront payments of R50 per person (excluding cooks & children under 10) our banking details are:
Rotary Club of Durban North, Standard Bank,
Durban North Branch, Account No 251188116, Branch Code 042826.
Potjiekos Fun Day 2015